Yesterday, Danielle had several meetings with doctors. One huge praise is she was able to meet with Dr. Lotze, a pediatric nuerologist who specializes in demyelization. He rarely comes to the hospital, yet he did yesterday. YEAH GOD!
To summarize the information given yesterday, the doctors say:
1. Christian will have spastic diplegia.
2. Christian will most likely have bladder/bowel problems.
3. Christian's fingers may remain non-functioning.
4. Christian will have a depressed autonomic system.
5. Christian will have a weak cough and sneeze / respirtory system.
Next week, he will begin plasmapheresis treatment. This treatment will remove all the antibodies from his system. The two weeks while he is getting plasmapheresis his visitors will be restricted for his safety. Please contact Lee Ann Lee prior to going to visit.
That is the medical report from the best of the best at Texas Children's Hospital. Here is the report from the King of Kings and Lord of Lords........
1. Some trust in chariots, some trust in horses, but we trust in The Name of The Lord our God. Psalm 20:7
2. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
3. But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in You! Psalm 39:7
4. I call on You, O God, for You will answer me. Psalm 17:6
5. But I will restore you to health, and heal your wounds. Jeremiah 30:17
6. ".....But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.” "If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.” Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” Mark 9:22-24
7. He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7
8. This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of Him. 1 John 5:14-15
God is still in the healing business. Please continue to pray for Christian's healing and complete recovery.
The girls are looking forward to spending the weekend as a family here at TCH. Pray for a special time family time.
You will notice a paypal link has been added to the page. All donations through paypal will go directly to Jack and Danielle's account. Thank you for your generosity.
A child from our church family has been admitted 2 doors down. He has been initially diagnosed with adrenoleukodystrophy. Danielle asks you to please pray for Adam and his parents, Rollo and Amber. God can heal and we are boldly asking Him to do so!
For those of you having trouble commenting, you must first create a google account or one of the other log in id's. Process should take about 10 minutes! Thank you for your patience!
PS Christian has been emptying his bladder on his own, without a catheter for the past 24 hours. PRAISE GOD!